Wednesday 9 March 2011

Shrove Tuesday...

Last night was Shrove Tuesday, my brother asked why we actually have Pancake day and as sad as it is I had to google the answer (don't you just love a bit of google) 
So for those of you who don't know why its celebrated the day before ash Wednesday(today) and is therefore the final day before the commencement of Lent a Christian festival leading up to Easter. 
Lent is a time of abstinence, of giving things up. So Shrove Tuesday is the last chance to indulge yourself, and to use up the foods that aren't allowed in Lent. Pancakes are eaten on this day because they contain fat, butter and eggs which were forbidden during lent! - So now you know!!



Any way after the pancakes..(above)

I got down to my creative stuff, I finished off all my hearts that I started making the night before and tied three together and hung it on my door...

But then decided that I didn't like it there, so I moved it to my light switch...


After making this I then made my brother a star, stuffed with Rosemary as it actually smells like lavender and he reckoned he had a bunged up nose and this would help him! Stitching isn't great as I was rushed to make it before his bed time haha!



Then I set myself a ten minute task.. I decided to make an Easter bag/pouch, in fairness it actually took about thirteen to finish and isn't perfect but its an idea, something to work on - I'm thinking of adding ribbon as straps and putting a couple of eggs in for my little sister for Easter..





Also had a little twist on my cupcakes last night (I really did have a creative roll!!) 



No comments:

Post a Comment